<inline>
Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Clemm (alex)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Anton Okmianski (aokmians)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Chris Lonvick
(clonvick)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:50 PM
Subject: RE: [Syslog] Revised proposed charter

I think the charter looks good.  It describes what the working group has
to do and its deliverables.  I agree that there is a next level of
details that spells out the specifics of how to do it.  We had a lot of
discussion on this and seem to have come to a consensus, which is
something that we should capture.

[tp] Strange, I was thiinking quite the opposite, that we had a fragile
consensus which disappeared in
Vancouver and has not been refound.  Looking back at the messages posted in the
past few days, about what should be in the header in what order, I was thinking,
 what now? because I see no consensus, rather the re-emergence of many
different points of view.

So while the proposed charter looks ok, because it does not go into that detail,
I do not see how we progress any further, into the next level of technical
detail, of what and
how should be in the header.

<snip>