The last time a version was submitted (roughly a year ago), it was
pulled back *because* PRI calculation was different from legacy syslog.
This was the whole point in that discussion. And, yes, then there wasn't
this restriction. IMHO we can not change that without going into a
"deep-inconsistency-loop" of WG decisions.

> If the WG accepts the 0-7, but thinks the draft is not clear and
> unambiguous, then we could provide clarifying text as part of WGLC
> without pulling the draft back from the IESG.

This is what I'd recommend. A simple sentence like "severities MUST be
in the range of 0 to 7" should do the job.

Rainer