On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 02:49:53PM +0900, Glenn M. Keeni wrote:

>    Attached please find the updated ID
>          draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib-12.txt

The combination of

  syslogEntityControlBindAddrType       InetAddressType
  syslogEntityControlBindAddr           InetAddress
  syslogEntityControlTransportDomain    TransportDomain
  syslogEntityControlService            SyslogService

looks a bit crazy to me.

- Why have both InetAddressType and TransportDomain?

- Why not simply use (InetAddressType,InetAddress,InetPortNumber) or
  (TansportAddressType,TransportAddress)?

- What is the value of saying the service name is "xyz", which has
  only local significance?

- How do I find out which encapsulations are supported (plain, beep,

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder            {International|Jacobs} University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>  P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany