Anton Okmianski (aokmians) wrote:
>> The current MIB interface is designed to support multiple
>> syslog sender or receivers on the same server/host. I believe
>> this is a valid requirement.
>>
>> If you agree with this, please say so.
>> If you disagree with this, please say so.
>
> Agree.
> >
> However, I am not clear it must be covered by a single SNMP agent with
> single MIB. It should probably be possible to manage multiple syslog
> instance with single SNMP agent per host, but we are not excluding
> each
> instance having it own SNMP agent on different port, right?
>
> I don't know if this violates anything in SNMP, but it may be easier
> implementation-wise no to have to integrate my syslog component with
> system SNMP agent.

With the present MIB it is possible to have
a. A single snmp agent per host manage multiple Syslog entities
b. multiple snmp agents per host manage each managing a separate
   syslog entity, [if someone wants to do that]
and there will no problem of interoperability between systems of
type (a) and configuration (b).

Glenn