On Tue, 07.08.12 16:01, David Strauss (da...@davidstrauss.net) wrote:

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:
(But please, don't implement this bit just yet, let's wait for somebody
actually needing this. Note though, that Upstart actually does have
functionality like this).
There are broken daemons like the "cluster" support in node.js that
return non-zero on clean shutdowns. While this is broken behavior, it
seems the systemd standard is to support broken/non-standard behavior
with optional settings. (That is, the default in systemd is a
well-behaved application.)
Hmm, I was kinda waiting for use cases like this. i.e. before we add an
option to reconfigure what clean exits are I wanted an explicit request
for it, so that we don't end up adding something that is actually
unncessary.

Added this to the TODO list now.

Should not this be fixed in the daemon instead of worked around in systemd?

JBG