On 10/02/2012 12:47 PM, Mirco Tischler wrote:
How do you do that? systemd doesn't have any support to manage network
connections. It lacks information about the state of the network
devices and cannot configure them as well.

Today systemd cant but in the future it might depending on how things progress.

From my point of view an single network management application should be integrated into the init system in this case systemd/CoreOS.

It just begs the question to what extent as to complexity.

In the end the solution what ever it might be needs to be something that can be light enough to be on embedded but flexible enough to handle complex server environment with the desktop falling somewhere between those two.

I'm very well that a lot of people think forking is fun but I just dont tend to agree with that for something that is fundamental part of the underlying OS as network management is and should be from my pov.

JBG