On 04/20/2013 08:04 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
Op 18 apr. 2013, om 19:18 heeft George
McCollister<george.mccollis...@gmail.com>  het volgende geschreven:

On 04/10/2013 12:03 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:
Hi,

I have a bit of a heisenbug where dropbear.socket will just die and needs a
systemctl restart dropbear.socket. I can't tell why it's dying, just that it
does within 3 days of uptime. After restarting it it seems to be rock solid
again for at least some weeks.

The real way to fix this is to find out why it dies, but till someone figures
that out I'm looking to a way to automatically restart the socket when it
fails, kinda like Restart=Always for services. Is such a thing possible? This
is with 195 and 196, haven't tried 201 yet.
I'm having exactly the same problem with sshd.socket (openssh) with systemd
197. I've done a netstat after it dies (just says dead no useful information)
and port 22 still shows up under listening. systemctl start sshd.socket fixes
the problem. I just upgraded to systemd 201 so I'll let you know if the problem
shows up again. The problem happens intermittently so its been a bit elusive.
It is indeed elusive, it hasn't happened to me in the past week, so progress is
slow on this.

regards,

Koen
This is really strange but I think I just accidentally found a way to reproduce the problem.
1) Reboot
2) Verify ssh works
3) login as root and run: systemctl --system daemon-reload

Can't ssh anymore.

If I do 'systemctl start sshd.socket' I can ssh again and doing 'systemctl --system daemon-reload' again doesn't seem to break it.