On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:

>> > Well, I guess it makes sense to show how much time is spent in the
>> > generators and how much time is spent in systemd's own unit file loading
>> > (especially given that the latter isn't particularly optimized yet...)
>> I was looking for the relevant code parts for this. Is this basically
>> what is done in manager_enumerate?
>
> Well, it's more complicated than that. manager_enumerate() will find
> discover all units that encapsulate pre-existing objects. But this does
> not include the units from the initial transaction. I guess we need to
> time both manager_startup() and the manager_add_job() for the initial
> transaction.

Okay, then the current way of color coding a part of the bar will not
work. Unless we don't mind two parts with the same color?

Just to be sure. By "the initial transaction" do you mean the default
target loading in the "if (queue_default_job) { ... }"  block in
main.c?