On my (pretty much fully converted) Fedora I currently have 20 tmpfiles
snippets around. I doubt on an everage Debian machine this would grow
much larger. May 40 or so, but that's still not much.

Well we have only migrated what 400 components out of ca 550 Debian has twice that much ( around 1100 - 1200 I think ) but yes that number seems to fairly accurate which means it might actually be better pay off to simple fix those 20 daemons that require the tmpfiles in the first place.

JBG