On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:58 AM, David Strauss <da...@davidstrauss.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Kay Sievers <k...@vrfy.org> wrote:
>> Please give it a name a human can parse and pronounce. :)
>
> sa-bridge? act-bridge? other suggestions?

We really should avoid non-obvious or not commonly used abbreviations.
Neither s nor a are anywhere obvious here.

Also this thing does not actually *activate* anything it just proxies.
And long-running processes should get a d(aemon) at the end.

So why not just call it systemd-socket-proxyd.

> I named it in the spirit of cgtop, systemctl, etc., none of which use
> delimiters.

cg is pretty well known, there is even a libcg. Also command line
tools, can be argued, are nice to have shorter, the proxy just shows
up in ps, and should identify itself without needlessy cryptic names.

Thanks,
Kay