On 11/03/2013 02:36 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
In addition to that, would it make sense for distributions to start
porting their cron jobs to use systemd?

in Fedora we already have started that migration process for relevant units ( not all packages that contain ron jobs should be/will be migrated ).

I've just been waiting ( since July/August ) for the first step of that migration to be completed as in those packages that will not be migrated fix their dependency on crontabs.

Ones those packagers apply the patches I sent them in that regard I will start the actual cron to timer units migration.

JBG