Hi,

On 11/02/2013 12:15 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 12:05:23AM +0100, ScotXW wrote:
On 11/01/2013 06:51 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 06:47:00PM +0100, ScotXW wrote:
Hi,

systemd is written exclusively for the Linux kernel because this
offers advantages over the POSIX API. To illustrate the difference
between Linux kernel API and POSIX API I created a diagram, see [1].

Linux doesn't implement all of the POSIX api in the kernel, other
portions of it are in other userspace pieces.

Would you please name a couple beside the libc?

Why, this is your research, not mine :)

This is //not// a recherche, I was looking for some fast answer from the off the top of ones head. Besides the scheme, there is now an article [1].

Please do note, that I did distinguish between the "User-kernel API" and the "in-kernel API", so don't even start.

Regards,
Scot

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel_API