good morning,

We really like to see this direct, how ever would it not better to join
efforts for network management. I.e. arch Linux claims with netctl [1]
to do network management "the systems way. and there are a few other
attempts to do network managent. I.e. netconfd [2] of openWRT is doing
network management (kind of monolitic) as a daemon as well which can
be configured via Bus RPC. (OK ubus in this case). Not to mention
the desktop centric network manager.

Can somebody explain the goals of systemd-networkd? If this just a small
basic tool will be replaced if more features are required or a new attempt
to for general network management?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/netctl
    https://github.com/joukewitteveen/netctl
[2] http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/netifd