On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM, David Timothy Strauss
<da...@davidstrauss.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Shawn Landden <sh...@churchofgit.com> wrote:
>> Are you sure applications can handle the extra file descriptor of
>> passing both the sockfd
>> and the acceptfd in this case? I don't see why they wouldn't just do
>> the accept() themselves?
>>
>> Can you explain what you mean here, and how it differs from the
>> existing MaxConnections.
>
> Actually, MaxConnections was exactly what I was thinking of. I agree
> with you now on Distribute=true only being useful with Accept=false.
The current code I have has Distribute take a number, but it certainly
would be possible to use
the MaxConnections number---however I don't do that as "connections"
isn't quite the
right word, and we can't easily change it because it is part of the API.