On 12/06/2013 03:45 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
/etc/modules-load.d/ *adds* modules otherwise not loaded
by the kernel and they are loaded at boot

Strange I thought that I used this to have the loop module loaded when starting
truecrypt
and unloaded when stopping truecrypt. I have to check this out

no, it is to have the module loaded when truecrypt is installed and stop try
to load it at boot after it is uninstalled, there is not much to checkout
because the syntax of the file even in theory has no connection to a running
process and so it can't work this way

additionally it would be wrong because unload kernel modules is not
always a good idea - better said: it is rarely a good idea if not
done by hand for a reason
I made a screencast some time ago. The part from 09:10 to 12:10 shows this
happening. (loading and unloading when
truecrypt is started and quit)

does not change the fact that /etc/modules-load.d/ loads at boot
and is not involved in unload modules

Then something very strange happened there. It was not loaded at boot. It was loaded when truecrypt was started and it was unloaded when truecrypt exited. En this happened after I put loop into /etc/modules-load.d/truecrypt.conf.