On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 01:07:52AM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
> Currently "systemctl set-default" will fail to change the default target
> due to the 'default.target' being a symlink which is always the case.
>
> To work around this, the user must specify the "--force" switch to be
> able to overwrite the existing symlink.
>
> This is clearly a regression that was introduced by commit  718db96199e
> since it worked before without the "--force" switch and the man pages do
> not mention that you need to specify it. It is expected that this is a
> symlink.
>
> So just explicity set the force flag to make it work again.
BTW, I've a question, why there is this item in the TODO:
"systemctl --root=container/ set-default ... is totally borked."

Can someone please shed some light on this?

I mean I'm able to set the default target on a container, yes we'll not
use the bus, but we'll follow the same path of "is-enabled", "enable"
and "disable"... switches, and these are considered stable! should we
add some extra security checks ?

Sure I'm missing something!

--
Djalal Harouni