I'm on Gentoo and when the system tries to start my network interfaces
at boot, I get:

Cannot find device "enp0s20u2u1"
 *   ERROR: interface enp0s20u2u1 does not exist
 *   Ensure that you have loaded the correct kernel module for your hardware
 * ERROR: net.enp0s20u2u1 failed to start
 * Bringing up interface enp0s20u2u2
Cannot find device "enp0s20u2u2"
 *   ERROR: interface enp0s20u2u2 does not exist
 *   Ensure that you have loaded the correct kernel module for your hardware
 * ERROR: net.enp0s20u2u2 failed to start

It seems udev is taking too long to rename my USB ethernet interfaces
from eth0 and eth1 to the above names.  Once the system is booted, I
can start the interfaces just fine.  I do like the renaming
functionality so I can plug any USB ethernet adapter into a particular
USB port and it will work without changes so I'd rather not disable
that.  Everything is built into the kernel, I'm not loading any
modules.  I have 5 Dell XPS 13 systems and only one is exhibiting this
problem.

- Grant