Hi

I've noticed repeated problem through history where administrators seem to be struggling with clearly identify the server environment they are working in. Some try to come up with terminal colours associated with it, others use hostnaming scheme etc, so I was wondering if we could not solve that by introducing a new option to os-release called "ENVIRONMENT" which would be string that uniquely identifies the system environment in an three-tier server scheme as in Development, Staging, and Production ( or simply have it free for administrators own definition) as in

ENVIRONMENT=Development
ENVIRONMENT=Staging
ENVIRONMENT=Production

Thoughts?