Is the plan to introduce an repair switch or is the plan to inform the users how they should proceed if that is not the case since users are getting confused when they encounter journal errors like these

Data object missing from hash at entry...
Data object references invalid entry at...
Invalid tail monotonic timestamp...
Invalid object contents at...
File corruption detected at...
etc.

And are wasting their time on the internet searching for means to fix those errors.

I think we need to somehow provide the end user with the next step once a corruption of anykind has been detected in the relevant journal file even if it's just.

"FAIL: corruption detected, your logs are fucked delete the file."

JBG