Thank you
Markus

"Mantas Mikulėnas" wrote in message news:capwny8vgpomx8nfym+k84-w5sf8-5+yo2zuzuqx3__thoq2...@mail.gmail.com...

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Markus Moeller <hua...@moeller.plus.com> wrote:
Hi,

  I am knew to systemd and wonder how to use it correctly.

I have a simple /etc/init.d/squid startup script which works with systemd. I now copied it to /etc/init.d/mysquid and updated the content accordingly. Now /etc/init.d/mysquid start fails saying the services fail is missing. I
check the starndard squid package installer and it also does not contain a
services file.  I only saw update-rc which I run, but no change.

 After long search of my filesystem I found
/run/systemd/generator.late/squid.service with a comment:

 # Automatically generated by systemd-sysv-generator

 Reading about systemd-sysv-generator it says it is run early in the boot
process so after a reboot I also got
/run/systemd/generator.late/mysquid.service

 How can I run the service file creation manually instead of forcing a
system reboot ?

Use `systemctl daemon-reload`.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <graw...@gmail.com>