On 02/02/2015 03:32 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
On 2 February 2015 at 15:14, Sebastien Bacher <seb...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
Hey systemd hackers,

While trying systemd-bootchart on my Ubuntu vivid system I ran into some
issues. My system has upstart as /sbin/init, but I use
init=/lib/systemd/systemd and that works fine. Today I tried to change
that to /lib/systemd/systemd-bootchart but the charting failed on a
missing /run/log. Turns out that it's because systemd-bootchart runs
/sbin/init by default, would it make sense to run the systemd binary
instead? I'm attaching a patch that does that

+1 from me. Not because of upstart, but becuase I see people hacking
in /sbin/init symlink just because of bootchart.

Alternatively one can set Init option in the bootchart.conf file, but
defaulting to systemd install location is better imho.

systemd-bootchart is integrated and intended to be used with systemd as the default init system

people should use alternative bootcharts to use with their alternative init system

JBG