On Mon, 20.04.15 14:33, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johan...@gmail.com) wrote:

systemd has no provisions for anything like this and I have doubts it
really should have. I mean, normal programs retain ccess to the cgroup
tree, so you could readd whatever you restore back in the cgroups, but
that's hardly sufficient to make systemd aware of a process like this
properly.
Arguably systemd should have this functionality ( along with quite few
others like HA etc ) built in ( not using CRIU ) since you want to live
migrate at least native containers between hosts.

I thought fancy enterprise features like this was on hold until networkd was
"ready" ?
This is not an enterprise feature. It's a promise one cannot keep. We
will not add code to systemd that works often but not always, and CRIU
is certainly of that kind.

"We will not add code to systemd that works often but not always" you need to explain this a bit further since we might have different perception on this since from my perception such code has been added to systemd in more then one occasion anyway I was not advocating for the use/inclusion of CRIU but something built in.

We should be able to support non live migration out of the box if live migration is a pandora's box or are you opposed to that as well?

JBG