Hello all,

you might already have noticed, but from now on PRs will not only
trigger the semaphore checks (which are essentially a "make
distcheck"), but also trigger more comprehensive integration tests on
Ubuntu's autopkgtest infrastructure. These build actual binary .deb
packages, install them in an actual OS, and cover things like
networkd, bootchart, that crucial services like NetworkManager or
window manager come up, timedatectl and friends, cryptsetup,
systemd-sysv-install (with various combinations of SysV+systemd
units), and the "boot-smoke" test where the whole thing has to boot
successfully 20 times [2].

This new test can be seen at e. g.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/2641 or /2650 which now also
have a second "ubuntu-ci" test.

I now wrote all the glue between github and autopkgtest.ubuntu.com,
running into gory details like firewall issues, three different ways
to authenticate, and my own hilarious incompetence when it comes to
web programming (but I'm learning :) ). Thanks to Daniel for his great
help with kickstarting me into GitHub webhooks!

However, an awful lot of the runs currently fail with a linker error.
I filed [2] and will investigate.

So please don't put too much attention to these results yet. I want to
to enable them to see how the testing and communication holds up in
practice, but before this we definitively need to sort out [2] first.

Please bear with me!

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-systemd/systemd.git/tree/debian/tests