Am 20.05.2016 um 21:50 schrieb Christian Boltz:
Hello,

it looks like
    systemctl restart foo
is internally mapped to a sequence of
    systemctl stop foo; systemctl start foo

what else?

Unfortunately, this behaviour causes quite some trouble for me.

why?

I need a way to know if "restart "or "stop" was used because the mapping
to stop / start gives my service a completely different behaviour than
expected on restart.

Is there a way to find out if "stop" or "restart" was used?

if you need to differ here your service is broken by design - why do you need to kow what triggered stop and what else do you imagine for "restart" then stop-start?