Lennart Poettering schreef op 05-10-2016 14:52:

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers
_apt,avahi,avahi-autoipd,backup,bin,colord,daemon,dnsmasq,games,gnats,hplip,irc,kernoops,list,lp,mail,man,messagebus,news,proxy,pulse,root,rtkit,saned,sddm,sshd,sync,sys,syslog,systemd-bus-proxy,systemd-network,systemd-resolve,systemd-timesync,unscd,usbmux,uucp,uuidd,whoopsie,www-data

Urgs, what an ugly approach...

:).

Still better than a non-booting system :p. So apparently this situation has already existed for quite some time.

Even worse is that by default the ldap configuration is set to bind-policy = hard, which can also create this issue (a failing LDAP query will then never return, or only return after a long timeout).

It's the way to go on systemd. With current systemd you should be able
to leave out the ExecStart=/bin/true bit, if you only care about
shutdown?

But as I understood you actually wanted to run something both at boot
and at shutdown, hence why would you not make use of ExecStart= as
well here?

No that's not true.

I only wanted shutdown.

If the service never gets started how can it shut down?

ExecStop does weird things on services that are oneshot but not RemainAfterStart, at least.

Note that the above unit file you posted is a bit contradictory: if
you plug something into sysinit.target then your service should be an
early-boot service, and those have to have the DefaultDependencies=no
setting, as they need to configure their preicse ordering manually,
instead of relying on the generic dependencies.

I realized that, but it works :p. The reason I picked it like this is because it *seems* that you might have rescue mode situations in which basic.target is never reached, neither is multi-user.target ever reached, but sysinit.target will be reached?

Since this is about the system remaining bootable I considered it reason enough to pick it like this :p.

hence, either change the Wantedby= setting to
WantedBy=multi-user.target and make the service a proper late-boot
service, or also set DefaultDEpendencies=no and add the appropriate,
manual early-boot dependencies.

Ya ya, it was documented also. I read it.