Hello,
I have the following problem. I use X with only a tiling manager (DWM)
on Arch Linux. Therefore I don't have imsettings nor im-chooser. (And I
really don't want to install im-chooser). I would like to start
ibus-daemon automatically on login in my user session.

I wrote a systemd service file for it:

# /etc/systemd/user/ibus.service
[Unit]
Description=ibus daemon
Documentation=man:ibus-daemon(1)

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/ibus-daemon --xim -d

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

And made a PR for it here:
https://github.com/ibus/ibus/pull/1896

But it was rejected, due to the fact that a dbus-activatable service for
ibus exists.

Now is my question, how can I trigger this service? I expected that I need
to send a call command via busctl directly to org.freedesktop.IBus but
according to my `busctl list` output this dbus service doesn't exist
(although it's there under
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.IBus.service).

How can I register this service to dbus? And how would I start this
dbus-activatable service on login? Would I use a systemd.service for it?
How would it look like? Would I simply swap the ExecStart line against a
line with busctl that calls the dbus-activatable ibus service?

Best regards,

Chris