On 31/03/17 08:00, Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Thu, 30.03.17 21:40, lejeczek (pelj...@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:

sorry guys to bother you, but
  I'll see myself going slowly mad next week, for I've been reading and
tryingand trying..

and I fail to tell udev to ignore a device and not to create symlinks.
I need someone to 100% confirm this should work in v.219.
The way Ithink(or hope) it should work islike:

ENV{ID_SERIAL}=="c50033d225e1", ENV{UDISKS_IGNORE}="1"
udisks is not involved with creating device symlinks, that's all done
by udev itself.

To disable the persistent symlinks it shuld be sufficient to set the
UDEV_DISABLE_PERSISTENT_STORAGE_RULES_FLAG udev property early enough
in the rules, this then has the effect that
60-persistent-storage.rules is skipped.

Lennart

apologies, there is quite a few webpages talking explicitly about udisk, take just that ENV I mentioned alone, plenty of docs suggesting above, so I thought.. Is it just fedora/rhel do without udisk or those docs/posts with udisk are obsolete all together?
thanks.