well, afaict from your description the information "A needs B" is totally implicit, there is no place where this info is available, so no way to pass that info to systemd.

That means that the only way to fix that without explicitely telling someone about the dependency is to allow dbus to start units while its shutdown is pending

this seems to be explicitely forbidden, so my guess is that there are very good reasons for that and there is little chances that there is a workaround...

so, i'm not an expert, but I would be very suprised if there was a way to do that... an explicit "allow startup during termination" flag in the auto-activation .service file could be a way around but I don't think such file exists...

sorry