El 21-01-2018 a las 8:12, Yubin Ruan escribió:
Hi,

I use offlineimap to synchronize my emails. I want it to do a synchronization
at system startup so recently I add a systemd service for it. However I always
get error like this:

    EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:590)

Socket was closed but not the SSL session.. not a systemd problem..

Currently I don't know what the problem is, but:

     1. usually (after system startup) the same service is invoked by a timer
     and it works well so there is no problem with the script.

It is racing against initial network setup.. once the network settles it works as expected.

     2. I believe the network is reachable, because the system will
     auto-connect WIFI after system startup. Maybe the initialization order is
     not configured properly? If so please see my mail service file below.

You may want to order your services after network-online and enable the systemd-network-online service.. however that may still race.

I heard that to perform a SSL handshake the system have to contain some
randomness (such that some random keys can be generated),

Correct, but any of the ssl libraries in linux will inmediately return or terminate the process in case of a entropy failure, because such failure is fatal and the whole security of the ssl session is screwed.