Hi,

the behavior of systemd is not quite clear to me:
I have a service which requires another service to be started and running,
so I use a Requires= dependency to the required service.
But if the required service does not exist at all, there is no error message
from systemd.
e.g.

Requires=xyz.service

produces no complaint and starts the service even if there is no xyz.service
Is this the normal behavior or can I configure systemd to throw an error in
this case?

If I write
"Requires=xyz"

there will be a message: Failed to add dependency on xyz, ignoring: Invalid
argument
Does that error mean that "xyz" is not a valid unit name?

Thank you,
Joerg