>>> Lennart Poettering <lenn...@poettering.net> schrieb am 23.10.2020 um 13:00
in

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/shared/clock‑util.c#L147

>> Thanks a lot. I found an issue. The build system set config flag
>> ‑time‑epoch=0 (reason was to avoid performing fsck on every boot when
>> inavlid date/time is detected for boards which don't have rtc [0])
>> and this resulted in date 1.1.1970.
>
> All RH‑based distro have patched the time check out of e2fsck since a
> long time. In particular in RTC‑less systems it sounds like a very
> poor idea to leave that in. The right fix is certainly to remove this
> behaviour from fsck, and not to force an unnecessarily wrong time.

Hi!

I don't know, but: Can't the time-based check be disabled by tuning the fs
("-i0"), or is there a special condition for "time zero"?
Also: Doesn't mean "fsck" a "journal replay" (read: very fast) these days?

Regards,
Ulrich