On 07/04/2022 23:48, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
A few conversations over the course of the day in an IRC channel isn't
necessarily representative of the whole project, but the impression I
got was way less so about hostility and more so just that nobody has
gotten around to doing the work and tracking whatever bugs come out of
it that need to be fixed. It's been started, but seems to have
fizzled. Maybe the recent discussion here and funny happenings over in
Debian will inject some life into it. So maybe we'll wind up with
merged usr after all. No promises, but I think it's much more a matter
of "when" than "if".

(My personal 2¢ is that I'd be happy to see systemd help corral us
stragglers into merged usr, and in the process, drop some complexity
of its own for supporting unmerged usr.)

I don't really have a horse in that race, I'm just left with the strong feeling that there are people who are strongly anti-systemd, and there are people who are pro-systemd, but what's important is THEY RESPECT EACH OTHER. It's just that the anti-systemd guys are in the majority, and it shows. (Funtoo left me with a very nasty taste, best described as "you always see in others, your own worst faults" :-(

Cheers,
Wol