If I remember correctly, groups (except "usergroups") are not managed by
systemd-homed; they're still managed by shadow via /etc/group. So an admin
can just add any username to /etc/group using `vigr`, regardless of that
user's origin.

(Even if groups *were* managed by systemd-homed, I think the default setup
of /etc/nsswitch.conf is that group memberships from all sources are
merged?)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas