It went by so screamingly fast I didn't catch it either, but
I thought I heard Dwight say something about he came from
the University of Georgia.  If it's you-know-who (initials
"B.N."), I thought he was suspended, and basically retired
from the sport a few years ago.
If that's who it was, and he's basically coming back from
a doping suspension with a bag over his head, what a horrible
image for the sport!

On the other hand, in this morning's L.A. Times, somebody-
I think it was meet director Rich Perelman- said this
'unknown shotputter" guy  had legitimate 67-5 credentials.
If true, that would make today's 68+ performance a "PR" would
it not?
If I remember right, that would also rule out "B.N", as he had
a PR quite a bit further than 67-5.

Also, invitations for shot puts at these L.A. area invitationals
are often coordinated with local throws guru Art Venegas to
try to get the best putters possible- and Art definitely has
the contacts- and to Venegas and John Godina, "B.N." was always
persona non-grata.

One other thought that crossed my mind- a former UCLA putter
named Mark, who had a 67-footer PR and made the World Indoor
team when the Indoor WC was in Paris.  He suddenly retired
the very next year when he injured his throwing hand, and
got married (and got a "real" job).  Last I heard he was
still in the L.A. area- and who knows- maybe decided to
make a comeback.

The whole thing was kind of cheesy.  The first thing the
wife asked me when they introduced him on TV was "is that
legal?  don't they have to announce his name?"

RT