From: Dan Kaplan

 If you can enlighten me as to how that is no different from the T&F drug accusation situation, then I will be quite impressed.

Very simple Dan,

 The rags are looked down upon because they use these sham sources to hide behind, and so we are left to either believe them or not. In most instances the writer in never held accountable (except in the rare cases that the mag is sued). So it ends up being a convenient way to basically lie to the public and make up a "sexy" story.

 Likewise in the drug postings. Every time Ive asked someone to come forward and actually put names, dates and locations, theres  some major backpedalling. I have yet to see a single person come on here or any other running page and claim point blank that he/she has witnessed or specifically knows of someone doing the dope.

  So you see its really the same thing.

 All Im asking for is complete disclosure not yellow journalism. I mean, who are you protecting? After all dont you want to expose drug users? Well, then go ahead, nows your chance.

 And heres the reason all this bothers me. What if Ondieki (or anyone else) really IS clean (as I like to think anyway) and just had a spectacular season. Didnt Billy Mills come out of nowhere and win gold? How unfair are these accusations to him and other equally innocent atheletes who probably have done no wrong?

bob