0.10 is an arbitrary "line of false-start demarcation." Why 0.10 and not some other
arbitrary number?

Starting is part of what "makes" a sprinter. Why try to level the playing field? If
anticipating the gun had no downside in terms of expulsion from the race, maybe you'd
need something artificial. But seems to me it's a worse crime to be arbitrary than to
anticipate the gun.

Surely not every sprinter has the same reaction time. Those who react faster than
others should benefit, or at least not . I wonder what Armin Hary's reaction time was
in 1960 when he beat Dave Sime in Rome. All phases of a sprinter's race should count
toward his or her success--the start, the pick-up, the ability to hold speed (like
Tommie Smith), and more. The fastest possible start is part of the equation.

I'd argue to kill the 0.10 rule. Then it's totally fair.

Mitch