From: "Wes Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tom Derderian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "lehane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Dan
Kaplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 6:53 PM
Subject: RE: t-and-f: Killing the sport was major philosphy difference for
the sport

> Hmmmm.  We're not so naïve as to suggest that the NCAA is drug-free?  How
about some of the foreign athletes who have matriculated (are matriculating)
and their track "records" without even starting on our citizen participants?
Otherwise, what is the purpose for NCAA drug testing.  Hopefully to try and
deter the athlete, alas, we also know how difficult it is to "catch the
culprits"!

> It's a filter down system.  May I be so bold as to suggest the high
schools are even caught up in this whole chase your tail game.