>Guess what? Chambers has just issued a statement in which he says he
>was told by his coach to use BALCO as a source of nutrition and knew
>nothing about anything.... anything at all.
>I think we should let him off because that excuse has never, ever been
>used before!

It is often thought that this defense was pioneered by Sergeant Schultz on
Hogan's Heroes:
"I see nuh-think!  I hear nuh-think!  I KNOW nuh-think!  Now may I have
another one of your Red Cross chocolate cookies?  Wunderbar!!"

But it was actually invented by Prissy in Gone with the Wind after passing
herself off as an experienced midwife- until the time comes:
"Lordy, we got to have a doctor! I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin'
babies!"

It's funny how many people are saying "I don't know nuthin' 'bout no THG!
I never even heard of it!"

That's only because it wasn't given a name until identified in the UCLA lab.
I'll bet Conte's lab had their own name for it.  "Gimme summa that slimy green
stuff!  yummmmmm......."