I can see a problem here. Even clean athletes may have trouble securing the services of a coach if the coach thinks he may be punished if the athlete uses banned drugs. An athlete may use drugs but the coach may be unaware and thus completely innocent.

Michael J. Roth wrote:

USATF announces "Zero Tolerance" anti-doping plan
10-22-2003

?? Punish Coaches of athletes found guilty. USA Track & Field will create a program to ban the coaches of athletes who test positive from our sport. In addition, the coaches will be fined up to $100,000, will not be eligible to be the coach of a U.S. Team, and will not be eligible for any USATF benefits.

-- Wayne T. Armbrust, Ph.D. [EMAIL PROTECTED] Computomarx (TM) 3604 Grant Ct. Columbia MO 65203-5800 USA (573) 445-6675 (voice & FAX) http://www.Computomarx.com "Know the difference between right and wrong... Always give your best effort... Treat others the way you'd like to be treated..." - Coach Bill Sudeck (1926-2000)