From: "Randy Treadway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: t-and-f: Robinson re steroids

> The widely recognized five stages of dealing with an illness:
>
> 1. Denial
> 2. Anger
> 3. Fear
> 4. Grief
> 5. Acceptance
>
> It's taken track & field what- three or four DECADES to get where we are
today?  Some might say the sport still bounces between stages 2 and 4.  And
individual athletes, when confronted with a positive, almost always start
right back with stage 1.

> Why should baseball be any different?  Why should we expect them to jump
through all five stages overnight?
> To COLLECTIVELY progress through the stages (with some individuals still
dragging) could take them decades as well.

> Patient persistance- constantly holding them accountable- is the only way
to keep them on the right path, and the journey is a VERY long one.