From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 27, 2000 2:35:26 AM GMT
Subject: t-and-f: re: MJ thread

I'm posting this on behalf of Randy Huntington, who is having trouble
posting
to the list.

Conway wrote,

>And his results have shown that he has not been able to approach his WR any
>more than Beamon, or Powell, or Kevin Young could approach theirs .. Is why
the >term Beamonesque is so often used in conjunction with that race ..

Conway,

Are you a complete idiot or just dumb enough to talk without thinking first.
I rarely get fired up about anything, but the above statement is just plain
ignorant.

This level of ignorance is quite unacceptable.  To throw Johnson and Powell
in with Beamon is truly one of the most ignorant statements I have yet seen
here.  Beamon couldn't reproduce what he was doing because he didn't know
how
he got there in the first place. He was a tremendous talent that hit
everything right on that day.  Nothing came by design.  Johnson has been one
of the best in the world in both the 200 and 400 for a very long time and
has
a great coach in Clyde Hart.Believe me his sucess has been designed.  And as
for Powell.

91 -WR
92 - Modesto over 8.80 twice -Setrierre/8.99 - Oly trials winner/2nd in Oly
games
93 - Sestrierre again 8.99(W) with a number of jumps in the 8.40+ range in
there/ 1st at World Champs
94 - Lost once that seaason (to Kareem St Thompson)
95 - fell apart
96- Came back to be coached by me after leaving in the fall of 93.  1st at
trials/injured during competition at Games

That hardly is not reaching same level of ability after he broke the record.

Give me a damn break here.  I am very tired of reading listings from people
that haven't a clue about training an elite athlete to the levels we take
people and for that matter maintaining that kind of performance level for a
number of years. So many variables have to be just right for a World record
to occur and it is quite difficult to reproduce those varibles at will.

If you want to learn ask some questions instead of making statements like
the
one above and publicly displaying your ignorance of elite athlete training.

Randy Huntington