FWIW, I was at the Bix 7 last weekend, and was walking into the awards
ceremony behind a bunch of the Kenyans who dominated the top spots (1st US -
David Morris, 15th). I remarked to a friend that you just DO NOT see the
Kenyan body type ANYWHERE in the US - thin lower legs and arms, muscular (but
not bulky) thighs, high proportion of leg length to total body height. Sorry,
but even in silhouette you can tell they could not be from anyplace in the
U.S. We just don't grow 'em like that anymore - if we ever did.

Jim Gerweck
Running Times