Jason Michael Blank wrote:

>> >A new kind of shoe, designed to reduce shock, may help athletes to smash
>> >records at September's Olympic Games.
>> >
>> >http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/moreSport/2000/08/item20000810085217_1.htm
>>
>> I would approach such a shoe with a lot of caution.
>
>  And I would ignore it altogether.  It sounds like an empty claim to
>garner publicity for a new product.

The article mentions Benno Nigg as the shoe's designer. Wasn't he the guy
who several years ago designed the spring-loaded running shoes that
basically turned the wearer into a kangaroo-powered sproinger? I mean,
we're talking serious artificial aid with those particular shoes. This was
covered in Running Research News at the time they came out, I believe.

--Ward Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>