I've thought about this before (10 milers can get really boring).  The
closest thing I've heard of is the 2000m steeplechase that is run in some US
high school meets.  Can't think of a world best for this event.  Is there
one?  Was this a junior competition?  If not, what's the point of a 1500m
steeple.  Just for fun?

Anyway, I would like to know if people think a sub-4 mile equivalent 1500m
(3:42 roughly, lets not get started on this thread again) could be done for
an all out 1500 steeple?  I don't think so.  Water barriers would be too
tough to deal with not to mention just plain fatigue from the other
barriers.  The stop and go would be killer, especially with some of the
steeple form the Kenyans have.  Afterall, they are just about the only ones
capable of even thinking about running this fast over barriers.  I could see
3:50 all out.  Maybe a little faster, but not much.

Rick