If you can't get it up for 1 meet every 4 years stay at home, you don't deserve
to go. If you can't handle the pressure of do-or-die in the Trials how are you
going to handle the pressure of do-or-die in the Olympics? There's dozens of
athletes in your event that have worked just as hard as you have and have
performed well that day. Pretty soon everybody will want a 3 meet series to
decide Olympic medals, or no-places-awarded competition just like non-scoring
4-year-old's soccer so we don't hurt the feelings of those who can't perform
when it is required.

s.devereaux