RRW Subscribers and Track Listers,

There were quite a few married couples competing in the trials, but both
members of only one couple made the U.S. Olympic Team: Marion Jones and C.J.
Hunter.  They are likely to become a "couple" of Olympic medal winners, too.

Here is how the other married couples did.  If I missed anyone, please let
me know.

David Monti

HUSBAND                     WIFE
Brian Baker                 Laura Baker
12th, 5000m Final           17th, 10,000m Final

Alan Culpepper*             Shayne Culpepper
2nd, 10,000m Final          4th, 1500m Final
9th, 5000m Final            7th, 5000m Final

C.J. Hunter*                Marion Jones*
2nd, Shot Put Final         1st, 100m Final
                            1st, 200m Final
                            1st, Long Jump Final

Rich Kenah*                 Cheri Kenah
2nd, 800m Final             11th, 5000m Prelim Heat 1

John Russell                Blake Russell
DNF, 3000m S/C Heat 1       7th, 10,000m Final
                            11th, 5000m Final

Mike Schroer                Amy Ross-Schroer
7th, 800m Semi Heat 1       5th, 800m Final

Mike Rohl                   Michelle Rohl*
4th, 20-K Racewalk          1st, 20-K Racewalk

_________________
*Made Olympic Team

NOTE: Terrence Mahon was listed as a DNS in the 10,000m; his wife is
Jen Rhines who made the team at the same distance.  Mahon, however, was
one of a number of athletes who was declared for his event by USATF, without
his knowledge.  He never intended to compete, so they were not listed above.

David Monti, Editor and Publisher, Race Results Weekly

Sponsored by:

F I L A   R U N N I N G / R U N N E R ' S   W O R L D / S A L M I N I  F I L M S

P.O. Box 8233                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FDR Station                  +1 212-752-2666
New York, NY 10150-8233      +1 212-752-2626 (fax)
USA                          +1 815-461-2285 (secondary fax)
                             http://www.RaceResultsWeekly.com