K. Rolin asked: "Will a NCAA's cross country meet ever be held on the west
coast. Stanford and many other areas would be a great venue for the meet."

I am sure another list member can better address this but the NCAA has a
stipulation that requires a certain percentage of the participating schools
be within a certain radius - 500 miles I want to say. This makes it tough for
Western sites as the rule also allows for the "Eugene" exemption which states
this is not followed every four years. However the outdoor division I
nationals were in Boise in 1999 and will be in Eugene in 2001 and in
Sacramento in 2003 so maybe this has now been eliminated.

jp