Australian long-jumper Jai Taurima (4th Seville) has been doing his own
trash-talking of late:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/moreSport/2000/08/item20000830100356_1.htm

Taurima talks tough ahead of Olympic long jump

If confidence means anything, Australia will win a gold medal in the long
jump at the Sydney Olympics.

Commonwealth Games gold medallist Peter Burge and Australian record holder
Jai Taurima head the charge in an event not usually noted for its depth of
challenge.

Taurima believes, in the cooler conditions in Sydney, the Russians
represent more of a threat to Australia, winning gold, than the Americans.

"I think the Russians are the ones who are going to be the scare factor,"
he said.

"Americans are Americans aren't they?

"They only jump big in America, and these guys, these three guys, are a
bunch of dribblers, that's all I'm saying.

For the most arduous Olympics tipping comp going 'round come see us...
http://surf.to/bayside