Netters,
This internetphobia is out of control.  Actually, as an athlete, I never
knew rules 1 through 58 so they can have themselves.  Maybe I'll have to
dig out my old handbooks the USOC or IOC would give us and refresh myself
on those rules.  Isn't banning athletes from posting stuff to the net
essentially what they are saying?

I'm actually looking forward to three events in Sydney.  Of course, I'm a
bit partial, however, I'm excited because there is going to be almost
live coverage on the net.  As was done in Sacramento, live reports will
be sent to a list every five to ten minutes during the walking events.
This was much easier to do from Sacramento, but I think they'll have
plenty of help with spotters as they update throughout the race.

I think we're in good shape as long as the IOC Net Police doesn't steal
the laptop and cellular modem.  Come to think of it, are cell phones
banned from the stadium?  Anybody can post flash notes, results or quotes
to the web using a tiny digital cell phone or digital pager.  Now there's
an idea.  How about it?
Allen

snip
Rule 59 states that an Olympic athlete is not permitted to record his
thoughts of his Olympic experience and have it posted on the Internet.
Doing so would be tantamount to an athlete acting as a journalist, the
IOC has determined.  And that is grounds for being thrown out of the
Games.