John Molvar schreef:

> "There are multiple reasons for Ma and his runners' disqualification,"
> said He Huixian, spokeswoman for the Chinese Olympic
>   Committee (COC), in a comment candid by the standards of Chinese
> officials. "Some of them are dropped due to suspicious blood test
> results."
> Two or 3 years ago several list members pointed out that the Chinese
> women were obviously cheating.  Remember how viciously those people
> were attacked on this list?   I can't remember all the things said and
> names they were called, but I remember "where's the proof", "you are
> just jealous", "you're a bunch of racists", "your nationalistic pride
> makes you jealous" and many other laughable phrases.  Where are all
> the name callers now?  I'll tell you where you are.  You are all
> wiping the egg, I mean turtle juice and caterpillar fungus off your
> faces (laugh).  I hope we all still have a sense of humor?

Hello all,
I am getting (becoming?) afraid we are going to need that sense of humor
to keep our spirits up, because I have already seen and heard of reports
calling this the 'olympics of drugs' - referring to the nandrolone
issue, the Ottey and Sotomayor reinstatements, imported doping (how dumb
can one get?) and positive tests.
With regard to the Chinese cheating, I also recall the arguments we had
a few years ago. Indeed, a lot op people accused the Chinese of
cheating. A few others objected to judging people without evidence
(virtually all evidence was the level of performance itself).
I do not recall many (even any) references to racism. With regard to
nationality (not nationalism), I do remember some Europeans asking what
was true about American athletes not being tested because of 'lack of
money' (true or not, it is a popular story overhere) - which would make
accusations of the Chinese a bit akward.
But since now the Chinese were actually withdrawn because of doping
tests (apparantly), I think even the then critics-of-the-critics will
agree with you that there is doping in China.
The question that remains is: do you think all other Chinese
performances are suspect? And if so, does that work for any country: so
do we suspect every Canadian because of the two recent cases? Of any
Briton, because of the nandrolone? Any shot putter, because of
Edwards/Bagach (he was the one testing positive the other day, wasn't
he?)?

Wilmar